Grown in Kagoshima Prefecture. Somewhere between light and medium steamed. We knew we had to aquire this when we tasted it as it has a quite strong aroma and very pleasant umami taste. Very nicely balanced this has been priced competitively and is a very good value considering it's high quality. Very delicious, we are confident you will enjoy this product. As with all of our loose leaf green teas, packaged in nitrogen flushed packaging.
Price shown includes 100 grams of tea per package.
- $12.73 USD
- Shipping Weight110 g
- Loose Leaf
- Ease of BrewingEasy Brewer!
- Net Weight100 g / 3.52 oz
- Growing RegionKagoshima Prefecture
- HarvestFirst and/or Shincha
- ShadingFull Sun
- SteamingLight to Medium
- First infusions per Pkg22
- Leaf (dry weight grams) to Water (1 fl oz / 30 ml) Ratio (recommended).5 g to 1 oz/30 ml
- Brew Temp (℃/℉ - recommended )72℃ (162℉)
- Brew Time (Seconds)60
- HarryOct 26, 2021, 03:03Fabulous value with a really pleasant sweetness
- Elina ROct 17, 2017, 18:11Really good sencha! It has thick, sweet and fresh, slightly roasty aroma. I like to steep it in low temperature for a long time. Typically 60C/2min. With long and cold steep, it turns out really sweet and thick with fruity notes. If it's steeped like sencha it turns out fresh, grassy and sweet. It's also rather easy sencha. It won't turn bitter if steeped little longer. It does well even with doake filter, so the leaf particles are relatively big.
- Jim HargraveJul 15, 2017, 10:28This was my first shincha! Very reasonable price and a nice sweet smell. It does lean a bit toward medium steamed in terms of particle size - but you should b able to brew in any teapot and the flavor is light and fresh.