Genmaicha with Matcha - Organic
From Miyazaki in Southern Japan, a first rate green tea. A combination of loose leaf green tea puffed rice, and matcha. Organic Matcha Iri Genmaicha is very delicious and you can serve it either hot or iced. Certified organic. As with all of our loose leaf green teas, packaged in nitrogen filled packaging.
Price shown includes 100 grams of tea per package!
- $6.03 USD
- Gewicht110 g
- Loose Leaf
- Ease of BrewingEasy Brewer!
- Net Weight100 g / 3.52 oz
- Growing RegionMiyazaki Prefecture
- ShadingFull Sun
- ColorDeep Green
- First infusions per Pkg22
- Leaf (dry weight grams) to Water (1 fl oz / 30 ml) Ratio (recommended).6 g to 1 oz/30 ml
- Brew Temp (℃/℉ - recommended )79℃ (175℉)
- Brew Time (Seconds)90
- Kris SpindlerOkt 21, 2022, 09:05My daily drinker, so to speak. I usually make about 1.5L of this delicious, aromatic genmaicha and put it in a jug to cool down in the fridge. I usually drink it cold over the course of an afternoon.
- Jared EllerbrockMai 17, 2019, 07:25I thought the flavor was a bit flat and lacking. I remembered liking it better a few years ago. Maybe the source is different?O-Cha.com Japanese Green Tea & MatchaMai 17, 2019, 13:38Hello, it's the same source as always.
- RandyApr 1, 2019, 20:47We had tried a similar toasted rice infused tea in Singapore, but could not find it anywhere locally. International delivery from O-cha.com only took about 11 days door to door, with a very reasonable shipping fee. The tea was exactly what we had hoped for, and was as fresh and tasty as can be. Looking forward to trying some of the other teas now.
- EGOkt 10, 2017, 02:57Despite being so inexpensive, it is a delicious genmai cha far better than others I have bought from supermarkets.
- Joel SAug 28, 2017, 01:36Amazingly high quality organic tea! The best I have found!!! Highly recommended!!!!
- Dylan StevensonJun 4, 2017, 16:43This genmaicha is very flavorsome. Its nice to find an organic genmaicha and the matcha powder gives it more umami flavor. Great tea for its price.
- Matt SinforosaMär 29, 2017, 01:06This is not my favorite style of tea (I'm a Sencha guy) but for the price it's a great alternative. Plenty of grassy green tea flavor plus a fairly strong toasty rice taste. Nice to make a large pot and share. Goes well with food also.
- RicardoMär 25, 2017, 05:26This is the best looking Genmaicha I've seen but I did not enjoy the taste as much. Many people view this Genmaicha as one of the best if not the best Genmaicha.
For me the flavor was just way too weak. It tasted more like an average Genmaicha. Even after some experimenting with brewing parameters it did not match my taste.
- Jan 6, 2020, 10:53
Do you know the approximate caffeine content of this green tea?Jan 6, 2020, 13:19
Normally genmaicha has little caffeine in it but the addition of matcha will give this some caffeine. We don't really know the exact or even the approximate amount of caffeine in this item. I'm sure it's less than a cup of coffee but I'm also sure it must have some. I wish I could give you a better answer but we do not actually have the caffeine content of this particular green tea available at the moment.
- Feb 9, 2017, 13:58
Hello, What is the preferred vessel for brewing Matcha Iri Genmaicha? Thank you!
BettyFeb 9, 2017, 14:05
There is not really a preferred teapot, you can brew it in just about any teapot made for Japanese green tea.