Shizuoka Sencha Mio
Harvested from the first round of young spring leaves, this 100% Yabukita green tea comes from the Makinohara tea growing district in Shizuoka Prefecture. We recently came across this gem and snapped it up on the spot - this is one very delicous sencha green tea! Sencha "Mio" is medium-steamed has a somewhat more pronounced grassy aroma and taste compared with the average deep steamed green tea and the taste remains on the palate for an extended time.
An overall easy brewer (a teapot for fukuamushi-cha is recommended, however). Be sure to not brew too hot, for too long, or with too much leaf. As with all of our loose leaf green teas, freshly packaged in nitrogen filled bags.
Price shown includes 100 grams of tea per package.
- $16.08 USD
- Gewicht110 g
- Loose Leaf
- Ease of BrewingMedium - Brew w/ care
- Net Weight100 g / 3.52 oz
- Growing RegionMakinohara
- HarvestFirst and/or Shincha
- ShadingFull Sun
- ClaritySomewhat Cloudy
- First infusions per Pkg22
- Leaf (dry weight grams) to Water (1 fl oz / 30 ml) Ratio (recommended).6 g to 1 oz/30 ml
- Brew Temp (℃/℉ - recommended )71℃ (160℉)
- Brew Time (Seconds)45-60
- NotesHighly recommended!