Gyokuhō Uji Gyokuro
- $26.80 USD
40 – Reward points
- Gewicht110 g
- Loose Leaf
- Ease of BrewingSomewhat Difficult - May take some practice to get it perfect.
- Net Weight100 g / 3.52 oz
- Growing RegionKagoshima Prefecture
- HarvestFirst and/or Shincha
- ShadingFull Shade (Gyokuro / Matcha)
- First infusions per Pkg20
- Leaf (dry weight grams) to Water (1 fl oz / 30 ml) Ratio (recommended)1.2 g to 1 oz/30 ml
- Brew Temp (℃/℉ - recommended )60℃ (140℉)
- Brew Time (Seconds)150-180
- NotesGrown by a dedicated organic gyokuro farmer, loaded with umami flavor!
- Aaron TaylorMai 5, 2023, 03:16(2022 crop) I am not a fan of most gyokuros, as usually they are pumped with a lot of synthetic chemical nitrated ferts, and I have felt off after drinking some of them. Some of them are steamed longer than I like; this one is not. A lot of them are over focused on umami. This organic version is real good, and a bit different than the standard gyokuros . It has a delicious nutty roasted flavor, that is very clean and strong, with just the right amount of umami. It makes you feel nice too. Although recommended brewing parameters produce the best cup, I brew this one similar to a sencha at 158F for 1 min 15 sec( or bit lower around 155F), and use the standard .6 gm per ounce to get a better value. I highly recommend this tea!