Sakura Green Tea Teaspoon
Known as a "chasaji" in Japanese, this is a traditional sakura teaspoon is used for measuring out green tea. A full teaspoon will usually weight out to 4 or 5 grams. Made from the wood of blooming cherry trees, quite beautiful.
Note: This item is for loose leaf tea, not matcha. Here is a link to our matcha-spoon. Do not use in the microwave, store in the refrigerator, or use in a dishwasher.
- $5.36 USD
- FaitFeb 9, 2019, 02:03This tea scoop is a must for any loose leaf that has a delicate, long nature. Anything curled or rolled into needle shapes, like sencha, requires a scoop like this, as a typical tea scoop with a more round, concave nature can break leaf particles apart. I recommend getting a tea scoop like this! Buy one with your next tea order; you won't regret it!
- Peter BlackwellNov 14, 2018, 00:55This is the best teaspoon I have tried. I have had others of this same shape but this one seems to be the right width and curvature.
Also, it is solid bark/wood (not sure which is technically correct) and not merely laminated like others I have had. Great price for such a good product.
- Joni KettunenOkt 21, 2017, 23:15I love this tea spoon. This is second spoon I've ordered. Both are unique and well finished. First one served years and still does. I just needed another one because some of my tea containers are at work and others are at home.
Great product and fits nicely inside a tea canister.
- Dylan StevensonAug 28, 2017, 18:10Very fun ! cool sakura wood. Recommended.
- Jason NielingAug 8, 2017, 06:41Very pretty wood and measures the perfect amount of sencha! I use it every day.
- Sandra Van Der PlaatsJul 17, 2017, 04:19gorgeous wooden spoon. I use it together with the banko kyusu I also got from o-cha.
This spoon makes my Japanse tea ritual extra special!
- Mark RossJun 22, 2017, 12:03A very nice teaspoon! It fits in the canister very well, and is aesthetically pleasing. It's very accurate, as well. I highly recommend it, as it's taken a lot of the guess-work out of making tea.
- SJun 21, 2017, 01:24I really love this spoon to measure my tea. It's absolutely beautiful and as another reviewer said, it adds to the tea experience :)