Arita-yaki Teacup "Hana Ichirin"
A very handsome hand-made teacup made in Arita Japan, the white color of this Japanese ceramic cup will help you appreciate the color of your green tea.
Measures 8 cm wide x 5.6 high (3.1 inches wide x 2.2 inches tall).
Holds about 150-160 ml of green tea
- $5.36 USD
- FaitAug 10, 2018, 05:11This cup is a steal. It is well-made and has a simplistic but beautiful aesthetic. You will enjoy looking at it, you will enjoy holding it, and you will enjoy drinking from it. Do yourself a favor and buy at least one of these cups with your order of tea. You won't be disappointed!
- Geoff BeaverAug 4, 2018, 06:59It's a nice cup with a comfortable and easy to hold shape/size; well made of course and attractive.
- John Priestley IINov 27, 2016, 08:07This is a nice cup at a nice price. I encourage you to Google "Arita" for the lowdown on ceramics from this manufacturer before you buy. This cup is stylish, feels good in the hand, and holds just the right amount (for most of my teapots) of brew. As a previous customer has commented, it is glazed with a light blue tint. However, I do not consider this a disadvantage. It does not skew the appreciation of the color of the tea to an unacceptable degree. I am quite satisfied with mine.
- Dylan NashDez 25, 2014, 18:29This is a very nice cup, especially for the price.
It's got a nice weight to it, so it doesn't feel like you're about to break it.
I bought this because I needed a cup around 150-ish mls, and this seemed to fit the bill nicely. It's an excellent cup for daily drinking, wonderful, in fact. It holds the right amount of sencha I want to drink, and it's around the size of my gaiwan and Yixing pots (perfect!).
There is one thing, though. The colr of the cup is not white. It has a blue-ish tint to it. I've found that it adds that extra green-ness to my green teas (Japanese and Chinese) and detracts nothing from the color of my oolongs and puerhs (sheng and shou). It is, however, difficult to do an accurate judge of color with a tinted cup, so for tea reviewing purpoes I'll be sicking with my white cups. But otherwise, this is perfect! :)
Advantages: Well weighted
- Tristan BayerJul 29, 2014, 09:17I got four of these cups. Really quite lovely and very nice quality considering the low price. Obviously nothing artisan, but still a very nice cup. I would consider these to be the perfect size too.
- Michel BoucqueauJul 3, 2014, 17:48It was a gift for my wife. She likes this cup.
- Kim BucknoleMai 29, 2013, 09:32Delightful classic blue and white shows off matcha to perfection. Robust enough for the clumsy and delicate enough to be a pleasure to use. Well-priced.
10 – Reward points
- $6.70 USD
20 – Reward points
- $13.40 USD
12 – Reward points
- $8.04 USD
14 – Reward points
- $9.38 USD
- Only 8 left in stock
9 – Reward points
- $6.37 USD
25 – Reward points
- $16.75 USD