Arita-yaki Teacup "Kohiki Budō"
Arita-yaki Teacup "Kohiki Budō" hand-made teacup made in Arita Japan (Arita-yaki), this beautiful Japanese ceramic cup is perfect for green tea.
Holds approx. 150 ml.
Measures 7.8 cm wide x 5.7 cm high (3.0 inches wide x 2.25 inches tall).
- $8.16 USD
- Satu MetsolaApr 27, 2020, 01:12Beautiful teacups. I should have gotten these years ago when I ordered the matching teapot, which is also wonderful by the way. These cups are well-balanced and fit my hand perfectly. Shipped well packaged and quickly.
- FaitAug 9, 2018, 00:22This tea cup gives me the impression that it was an old cup that was taken in by the potter and salvaged to make a new piece of art. It has a texture to it like a roughness glazed over to beautify something that has been worn with age. It has a tarnished beauty to it like even with its beauty treatment, it still has some imperfections that make it distinct from its mates that it may never see again. Its matching cups in turn won't recognize it as one of its own anymore. It's wholly an individual. I wouldn't be surprised at all if I bought this cup again that it would have different imperfections compared to the first one.
From a practical view point, this cup holds about 4oz of liquid to the brim, so I find myself measuring just below the 4oz line in my measuring cup. It was difficult to pinpoint how much liquid to use at first since tea leaves can soak up some of that liquid. With its overall flaring-outward design, at times my cup is filled close to the brim and I have to be careful with handling it. The cup itself feels sturdy like dropping it shouldn't easily cause it to shatter. It has a weight to it also to back-up its durability. In a pinch, I could probably hurt an assailant with it if I had no other weapon to keep them at bay with it.
It's a gorgeous cup but it could do with holding even one more ounce of tea.
- Matthew Amster-BurtonApr 23, 2017, 01:59Lovely, comfortable in the hand, and perfectly sized. I bought this to replace a favorite teacup that I broke, and the low price made me nervous, but it's a delight to sip from.
- Andrew KongMär 24, 2017, 18:21Good design and feels heavy. It was worth purchasing.
- Sean HardcastleJul 31, 2015, 04:03I bought two of these teacups, and was not surprised to find the quality was extremely good. I have bought all my tea wear from O-Cha, and the quality is excellent throughout. A nice size cup and they also feel good in the hand. Highly recommend. Beautiful teacups
- Ken PalmerApr 16, 2014, 03:46Great size, outstanding quality, outstanding craftsmanship.
Advantages: Completes and compliments any Green Tea experience
- Daniel BrownApr 1, 2014, 06:49A quality teacup, two of them fill the matching pot and vice-verse. A half-cup of water will fill this cup to the brim. Love the mottled rust-brown lip.
- Earle WallbankApr 6, 2013, 19:43Beautiful little cup. 2 cupfuls per the matching teapot. Will be buying another one soon as unfortunately one slipped out of the draining tray and broke on the floor :-(
- Aug 1, 2020, 02:34
Is the glaze lead free?Aug 1, 2020, 12:33
Yes, all of our items are lead and cadmium free.
- Feb 24, 2019, 03:12
I am a big fan and customer and recently I bought Shiboridash tea set. It is great quality but rather small. Iwant to buy Kohiki Budo set but I cannot find water cooler. Do you have it? Do you have any other set with larger container?
Thank you, kind regards ,
FraneFeb 24, 2019, 12:27
We do have water coolers but not a matching type. It's not typical for a water cooler to come in a matching set.
10 – Reward points
- $6.80 USD
20 – Reward points
- $13.60 USD
8 – Reward points
- $5.44 USD
14 – Reward points
- $9.52 USD
10 – Reward points
- $6.80 USD
- Only 8 left in stock
9 – Reward points
- $6.46 USD
25 – Reward points
- $17 USD