Seems like a great quality product. Happy and I will purchase one more when this one is worn.
Back to product details
Ratings and Reviews of Matcha Tea Whisk
- ndsfNov 22, 2017, 03:47
- Jamie RavNov 14, 2017, 11:57Amazing! Really love the quality and the fact that it’s authentically handcrafted! This Chasen does a wonderful job whisking my matcha. Makes nice fine bubble ‘Froth’ . Just what I like for a smooth, creamy mouthful. I would recommend getting the ceramic whisk keeper. It’s great for keeping the shape of your whisk and helps with the drying .
- SOct 15, 2017, 07:04I'm glad I finally bought a chasen instead of using my electrical milk brother! This definitely gets me the best results :)
Remember not to store your whisk in the plastic container that it comes it, it will get mold! I bought a matcha whisk holder separately and definitely recommend investing in one.
- Rocky PatanoMar 12, 2017, 13:50Much better than my previous Matcha whisk I bought from Amazon years ago. Makes the tea foam very nice and is very sturdy.
- Edward GallantJan 29, 2017, 10:18I bought this because if you use a metal whisk, you will scratch
up the bottom of your tea bowl. Using a bamboo whisk also means you will not make the unpleasant noise you get using a metal whisk
vigorously on a little tea bowl. For me that is reason enough. In
terms of taste, I don't find there is a real advantage to using bamboo
over metal. Remember to let your whisk air dry, or it will develop
mould (this happened to me 5 years ago when I first bought one and
thought it would be best to store it in the plastic container it came
in). I finally let myself buy another one :P
- AndrewJan 8, 2017, 08:53I bought one of the Nara tea whisks for myself over two years ago, and just recently bought another as a gift. I have been extremely happy with the quality and durability of the whisk - simply rinsing under water and drying after each use has kept it in excellent condition. It rapidly produces a fine froth without much effort, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another if my current required replacement.
- Patricia WeekleyJan 6, 2017, 20:58Authentic product - great quality!
- Nancy UngMay 19, 2016, 14:18At first, I thought that I could just use my regular metal whisk to mix the powder into the water. This seemed to work okay. but always left some powder residue at the bottom of the chawan. I decided to take the plunge and purchased this Japanese bamboo whisk and it DOES make a difference. No more residue and a smoother matcha. Sits nicely to dry on the holder and it helps to maintain its shape. A great purchase!
- Ethan CalderApr 29, 2016, 10:32Beautifully crafted, high quality item. I debated between getting this and an electric whisk, and I'm very happy I chose this.
- CaseyApr 7, 2016, 09:46A quality instrument for sure, and essential for mixing your matcha, but I can't help but feel the quality has slipped just the tiniest bit from when I purchased the same item a few years ago. Something about the tines, or the wood used, I can't quite put my finger on it. Still eminently serviceable and replaced the aformentioned older whisk just fine.