My longtime favorite tea at O-Cha.
I've had trouble getting it to taste right this year (2022), but my local water may be the problem.
- $12.73 USD
19 – Reward points
- Poids110 g
- Loose Leaf
- Ease of BrewingMedium - Brew w/ care
- Net Weight100 g / 3.52 oz
- Growing RegionChiran, Kagoshima Prefecture
- HarvestFirst and/or Shincha
- ShadingFull Sun
- First infusions per Pkg22
- Leaf (dry weight grams) to Water (1 fl oz / 30 ml) Ratio (recommended).7g per 1oz (30ml)
- Brew Temp (℃/℉ - recommended )71℃ (160℉)
- Brew Time (Seconds)60
- Richard Barrettjuil. 11, 2022, 06:11
- Harry Harrisdéc. 25, 2020, 01:16Easily one of my favorites, especially at this price. Prefer this to the organic. Lovely sweet vegetable flavor with a grassiness on the end. Additional infusions are also flavorful.
- Robert Kaufmanjanv. 30, 2020, 07:35This one is pretty nice for the price, the aroma is strong with notes of fresh grass and sweet veggies. It has a wonderful smell when opened that entices the senses.
The brew is dense for a chumushi and the mouth feel is rich and full bodied. As mentioned by another reviewer, chiran sencha has a nice balance of green vegetable, spring grass and floral flavors. Almost no astringency to speak of when brewed at 165 for 40 seconds and 10 seconds on the second infusion. Use caution at higher temps because I believe it could get too bold quickly.
Overall a very nice tea for the price point, though I still love my miyabi as my favorite! I will buy this again.
- Victoria Felitonavril 3, 2019, 06:36LOVE this tea! Beautiful green color, amazing aroma, perfect balance of grass/spinach (without being overpowering). And a great price for everyday drinking. LOVE love love!
- Arto Tammenoksaoct. 16, 2018, 02:22Delicious green tea.
- Michele Harveydéc. 21, 2017, 06:14I bought 3 of Ocha's excellent senchas, but this Chiran Sencha was a clear standout for me with its distinctive flavor! It has the same green umami taste of sencha with a rich hint of a floral, honeyed- toastiness. The sparkling emerald cup it produces from the small, thin dark green leaves is most inviting. This is a favorite to enjoy again and again and not tire of. Definitely a tea to put on your want list!
- M.oct. 1, 2017, 06:22Wow, what a great tea. It has a very distinct taste, a nice color and a really fresh smell, I love it!
- Aaoût 6, 2017, 03:24I am a fan of the light but distinctive taste. An excellent introduction to sencha.