Kamejirushi Uji Gyokuro
- $16.75 USD
- Poids50 g
- Loose Leaf
- Ease of BrewingSomewhat Difficult - May take some practice to get it perfect.
- Net Weight50 g / 1.76 oz
- Growing Region100% Uji
- HarvestFirst and/or Shincha
- ShadingFull Shade (Gyokuro / Matcha)
- First infusions per Pkg6
- Leaf (dry weight grams) to Water (1 fl oz / 30 ml) Ratio (recommended)1.2 g to 1 oz/30 ml
- Brew Temp (℃/℉ - recommended )60℃ (140℉)
- Brew Time (Seconds)150-180
- NotesVery much higher than average quality gyokuro! Be sure to correctly pre-heat all vessels and brew at correct temperature.
- Risto Ojalaoct. 17, 2017, 18:13Really delicious, slightly sweet taste. Remeber right temperatures.
- Nancy Hallaoût 8, 2017, 05:12I love this green tea as an every day go to in the morning. I brew this at 165 degrees for 3.25 minutes. It makes the perfect cup of tea to start my day.
- Andrew Armbrusterfévr. 3, 2017, 01:14A truly spectacular gyokuro. I come back and order this tea every year on special occasions, and use 2 grams/30ml, 3 minute infusion at 135f. It yields that characteristic deep and mellow gyokuro taste which, in my opinion, is above the competition. I would not recommend infusing this at just 1g/30ml, you will be selling this particular high-end tea short.
- Tim Cassuttdéc. 16, 2016, 09:56This is our favorite tea of all the gyokuros. Important to follow directions to make sure water is not to hot and brewing time is not too long, but otherwise tastes wonderful and can be brewed up to six times.
- Satu Metsolamai 17, 2016, 04:21Tricky to brew. I really should order a shiboridashi teapot to get it just right. Wonderful taste! I love the umami in this. It tastes exactly like my favorite matcha. I wish I could drink this everyday.
- Hee@@@@avril 21, 2016, 18:45I like this one can ...brew couples of time...♥️
- Alex Armbrusterfévr. 28, 2016, 00:12This is truly an amazing gyokuro, especially during the cold months! really brings a calm warmth to the body
- Jackson Mosssept. 20, 2015, 00:41I drink a variety of green teas with gyokuro being a personal favorite. I brewed this tea in the traditional manner, using a hohin teapot and filtered water at 60C.
This particular gyokuro is very subtle, with a forward umami flavor, and very little grassy or bitter notes. After a few sips you begin to get hints of oceanic notes and the finish is sweet.
This is not the most intense gyokuro, but it is among the most fragrant and least bitter.
- avril 10, 2016, 09:38
Hi Kevin, I have tried just about all your senchas, but only a few gyokuros, I have tryed yame, and kamejirushi, I wanted your personal opinion on what gyokuros to order that would give me the best authentic Japanese gyokuro experience . I wasn't crazy about the kamejirushi, and the yame is good but an entry level gyokuro. Thank you for your opinion I ready to make the gyokuro order looking forward to your answer. Long time customer . Kenavril 10, 2016, 10:31
Our Yame gyokuro is not really an entry level gyokuro, we priced it low and as a result many people have the mistaken idea that it's entry level. That said, Kamejirushi is a very excellent gyokuro, superior to our Yame gyokuro. However, as with all gyokuro, in order to bring the magic out you need to brew it just perfectly and it's tricky. Are you pre-warming all of the brewing vessels? What kind of teapot are you using? A shiboridashi is probably the best for this.
Please review this page and try to brew your Kamejirushi again: <a href="https://www.o-cha.com/brew-gyokuro.html">How to Brew Gyokuro</a>.
I could recommend other gyokuro green teas to you, but knowing Kamejirushi as I do, it's one of our better products and it absolutely will make a stellar cup of tea *if made correctly* so it sounds to me that you may not have mastered the brewing technique for gyokuro. Once you have tried a properly made gyokuro and recognize the unique taste, you will understand.
39 – Reward points
- $26.13 USD
34 – Reward points
- $22.78 USD
28 – Reward points
- $18.76 USD
42 – Reward points
- $28.68 USD
30 – Reward points
- $20.10 USD
44 – Reward points
- $29.61 USD
- En rupture de stock
40 – Reward points
- $26.80 USD