Sae Midori Organic Asamushi Sencha
Packed with umami and one of our personal favorites, this delicious green tea comes from Kagoshima and is of course harvested from the first round of young leaves. When we first offered this in 2017, we knew we would buy it the moment we tried it. Organic Sae Midori asamushi is a light steamed green tea of the Sae Midori clone and is somewhat rare to be processed in the light steamed form. This product is both flavorful and aromatic, much more so than the typical deep steamed Sae Midori. If you are a light-steamed green tea fan, you should really enjoy this one. As with all of our loose leaf green teas, packaged in nitrogen flushed packaging.
Note - While we will try to get a larger inventory this year, know that this tea usually sells out every year by December.
Price shown includes 100 grams of tea per package
- $14.07 USD
- Poids110 g
- Loose Leaf
- Ease of BrewingMedium - Brew w/ care
- Net Weight100 g / 3.52 oz
- Growing RegionKirishima
- HarvestFirst and/or Shincha
- BreedSae Midori
- ShadingFull Sun
- First infusions per Pkg22
- Leaf (dry weight grams) to Water (1 fl oz / 30 ml) Ratio (recommended).6 g to 1 oz/30 ml
- Brew Temp (℃/℉ - recommended )74℃ (165℉)
- Brew Time (Seconds)60
- NotesA rather rare green tea!
- Aaron Taylorfévr. 10, 2023, 09:38Very delicious tea! Highly recommend!
- Harry Harrisdéc. 25, 2020, 01:18Love this one. Super fresh and flavorful, yet suitable for daily drinking. Highly recommended for its vibrant burst of umami.
- Jay K from TeaLife HKdéc. 3, 2018, 10:14Such a great tea. Very different across three infusions. Lots of umami and a lovely calming theanine effect. This may be my favorite so far of all of the steamed sencha I've had from O-Cha. I've never been able to buy tea of the quality I get from O-Cha in Japan: I'll be a customer for life!
- Arto Tammenoksadéc. 12, 2017, 21:39Excellent, mellow-tasting tea. Perfect for a day-to-day tea.
- Daniel Mulfordnov. 26, 2017, 06:05O-Cha is absolutely right: this tea is really delicious! Unique, satisfying nutty flavor.
- Timjuin 20, 2017, 01:40Got through a few brews of this so far. Nice grassy notes and an interesting flavour shift over 3 brews. Very nice tea for the price.
- Dylan Stevensonjuin 4, 2017, 16:47Really unique sencha! Has a very strong fruity aroma (to my nose) and great flavors.