- Loose Leaf Green Tea
- Green Tea Bags
- Matcha & Powdered Green Tea
- Organic Green Tea
- Tsuen Tea
- Tea Ware
- Green Tea Gift Ideas
- Unique & Limited Edition Japanese Green Tea Items
- Monthly Delivery Service
CUSTOMER FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so Happy to have found O-Cha online, I use to live in Japan for five years back in the 90's, and how I missed that local green tea. Since then I have buying Gyokuro from Teavana, and let me tell you, once I got my Shirakawa Uji tea, talk about night and day difference. I am not sure where Teavana gets there green tea, but from now on I would rather and will get my tea straight from the source. The taste is just phenomenal. O-Cha has a customer for life. Oh and one thing, the shipping had me at a surprise, it was a super fast delivery from Japan, very Happy.
TECUNUMAN GARCIA, Jul 15, 2017
- Apr 29, 2017 British Columbia Canada - EMS Only Unfortunately, due to continued delays in delivery to British Columbia Canada, orders from there will be restricted to EMS (Express Mail) starting today...
- Apr 18, 2017 Expanded Social Sign-In/Sign-Up! We have expanded our social login capabilities. You can now sign in with one or any Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, PayPal or LinkedIn account. Link one, multiple, or none to your O-Cha.com account for easy future sign-in and checkout! Guest checkout still accepted, of course!
Increased EMS charges (▰˘︹˘▰)
May 31, 2016
We hate to report this, but new EMS charges go into effect starting now. Fees went up by the following amounts per weight category:
- Asia, Africa and South American up ¥300 (about US $2.70)
- Europe up ¥400 (about US $3.60 or €3.24)
- North American and Middle East up ¥500 (about US $4.50)
Shipping fees charged by Japan Post is one factor in which we have very little to no control over. It's been a long time since these have been updated but that occured today. What we do have control over, however, is fine tuning our shopping cart to charge exactly what your parcel weighs and no more, which is why we implemented a new system about a year ago and have weighed every single item we sell in our shop to the 1/10th of a gram, inculding the shipping box, tape, and even the invoice. We only charge what it costs to ship and we do not make profit off of shipping fees. This is why we do not offer "Buy X and Y and get FREE shipping!" deals - there is no such thing as free shipping. "Free" shipping is paid for through higher product prices.
If you find the EMS charge to be excessive, you still have the option to use 1st class mail, which fortunately did not increase in price. For North American customers, we may consider offering 1st class registered mail in the near future (we already offer this to our European customers). 1st class registered is higher priced than 1st class, but it is also less costly than EMS but still has tracking. It does require a signature for delivery which some may find rather restrictive, however.