Back to product details
Ratings and Reviews of Uji Gyokuro Yume no Ukihashi
- Daniel KimJul 10, 2019, 06:30Simply spectacular! I am new to Japanese green teas. I have been drinking Dragon Well and Wuyi rock oolongs for over a decade. I had a chance to visit Uji a few months ago and got hooked on Japanese green teas. The depth and the complexities of the flavors are amazing. A truly elegant tea.
- Robert MorshauserNov 21, 2018, 20:54My favorite tea. I've tried many different Gyokuro teas and this one is consistently excellent.
- Katrina PenarandaOct 27, 2018, 23:08Very nice tea. This is my first time trying gyokuro and this did not disappoint. So different from senchas. Very umami. I can describe it like drinking a savory sweet mushroom broth.
I've tried 2 methods of brewing them. Each are great for trying out this gyokuro.
1. The 50°c temp for 2 mins. Very nice umami taste and so fresh. I can do 3 steeps with this method before the flavor runs out.
2. Brewing the gyokuro for 12-15mins at room temp. Umami espresso but i can only do 2 steeps with this one.
- Dino G.Dec 14, 2017, 02:50Have ordered various Gyokuro's ranging in price from O-Cha and other tea vendors and by far for me, Yume no Ukihashi provides an optimum balance of flavor, sweetness and cost per cup that can not be beat.
- Heath ForbesJun 12, 2017, 23:08I love this tea, have been getting my tea from here for years. Very good flavor and taste amazing after several steeps.
- chip creitzApr 25, 2017, 01:07Truly outstanding Gyokuro. Well worth the price. I brew this one rich, at least 5 grams leaf per 2 ounces water. The result is a deep, sweet infusion that must be sipped slowly to savor the moment ... a "must sit down moment"! Be sure to smell the dry leaves warming in the preheated pot.
- Laszlo GlaszApr 5, 2017, 02:09It's worth the price. Have some other gyokuro's from here and this is far the best of them.
- Dylan StevensonMar 9, 2017, 11:16Best Gyokuro I've had. Amazing flavour and well worth the price.
- Staffan LofgrenJan 29, 2017, 19:58This is the best Japanese tea I have ever tasted. I usually get 3-4 steeps out of 2 large table spoons. Expensive, but so are most top quality things in life.
- Laura MullinsApr 22, 2016, 05:25This tea is extremely fresh and makes a fabulous hot tea. Usually, I like my green teas hot and I like to make my black teas into iced tea. I was amazed at how rich and non-stringent this one tasted. I am very satisfied! Thanks again!