Back to product details
Ratings and Reviews of Uji Sencha Ujibashi San no Ma
- Ryan HodgesMar 11, 2023, 23:18The 2022 harvest seems quite good: interesting, complex, pure, balanced. The aftertaste lingers and haunts the mouth. Worth every penny.
- Matthew SeowNov 23, 2021, 11:14Flavours too muted/flat for my liking. Might be my least favourite tea in years buying from O-cha. It just seems to lack any real discernible flavour notes. I've tried various brewing parameters and the closest I can get it to taste ok is doubling the amount of tea. Unless there's a problem with this particular batch, I really don't understand the other review comments (except the recent one that said it 'lacked personality'). I'm pretty experienced brewing sencha and Gyokuro and this just doesn't work for me at all.O-Cha.com Japanese Green Tea & MatchaNov 23, 2021, 12:50Most of the reviews are from years previous to 2021. The year 2021 was not a particularly good year for green teas in general (though there were exceptions) because of early, warm weather and too much rain. Early harvest due to warm weather causes the plants to develop less flavor than they normally would.
Green tea, like wine, has some years which are better than others. I think that may be the cause of your personal lackluster experience with this particular tea.
Although it's winter, I would suggest you try ice brewing it - put a lot of leaf into a teapot and allow ice to melt over it slowly and see how you like that.
- Vijay HarilelaOct 20, 2021, 20:34Sorry, but not only is this overpriced, but it lacked personality.O-Cha.com Japanese Green Tea & MatchaOct 28, 2021, 14:35Thank you for your review. We admit this light steamed green tea can be somewhat difficult to brew. When brewed properly, this tea is wonderful. When not brewed properly, it will not show it's full features.
- B0shesApr 24, 2018, 03:23Beautiful delicate tea. This is a favorite.
- Jacob HeatwoleOct 13, 2017, 03:44A very high quality tea. It has a light but flavorful taste and is definitely worth a try.
- JanetAug 29, 2017, 03:07This is one of my favorite teas. It is wonderful for sipping by itself. It tastes excellent at a variety of temperatures and strengths (I mean amount of tea to water) , as long as you don't go too hot or too long brewing time. Worth experimenting to find how you like it best.
- Dylan StevensonMar 9, 2017, 10:41Amazing quality Sencha. Be sure not to use water too hot. Fun to work out your perfect brew time!
- Alex BevisJan 1, 2017, 19:09Everything you could want from asamushi sencha. If breewed at 180(temp in Kyusuq, not kettle) astringent but balanced flavor. Brewed at lower temperatures,170, more mild subtle taste, like gyokuro.
- Vincent PassaroFeb 29, 2016, 06:06This is a great tea, very clean and warm. Be sure not to "overcook" it with water too hot or too long a steep.
- Sean HardcastleAug 30, 2015, 14:19From the minute I opened the packet I knew I was in for a treat. A wonderful fresh grassy aroma. The leaf a beautiful deep green colour. When brewed, the first infusion was a nice mix of grassy and savoury, further infusions produced similar tastes, but with slight floral undertones. All in all a really beautiful tea, well worth the price. I will certainly order more.
Very thirst quenching. A delightful tea