Organic Matcha Kaoru
O-Cha.com's private label organic matcha "Kaoru" - This is our middle grade of organic matcha. Grown in Kirishima district of Japan's Kagoshima prefecture with only natural organic fertilizers and no agricultural chemicals, Organic Matcha Kaoru is certified by JONA (Japan Organic & Natural Foods Association), meets JAS certification requirements, and also carries the USDA & European IMO seals (certificates on file.) Extremely fresh, our matcha are ordered shortly before shipped to our customers and are always stored under refrigeration until shipment. Try some today!
Net weight 30gm, this product makes approximately (20) 1.5gm servings per can.
- $13.40 USD
- Shipping Weight80 g
- Grown inKirishima
- ColorIntense Green
- ContainerRe-sealable Round Metal Container
- Net Wgt30 grams
- Servings Per Container20 x 1.5 gm servings
- Whisk Type65-72+ prong usucha whisk
- Steven HebertNov 4, 2017, 15:52I keep this around at work for a mid day boost. Lots of energy and fresh taste. Good one to share with co-workers!
- Michelle LeonOct 1, 2017, 03:19I love matcha tea from o-cha.com, I drink one every single morning, it's a perfect way to start the day. I definitely 100% recommend this product. Amazing color and taste.
- Olga VSep 28, 2017, 17:11Very good quality matcha, you can understand it from its perfect taste: is not bitter at all, the tea has rich colour, a lot of foam which not disappears immediately. Don't drink matcha in the evening- you will not be able to sleep till the midnight! Is the perfect choice for the morning drink, I feel so energized after a cup of matcha. Better then coffee!
- Virginia KimeSep 22, 2017, 00:29This is a wonderful Matcha tea. I used to get Matcha from Republic of Tea but there is a world of difference between the two. O-Cha is wonderfully green and vibrant. I feel fortunate to have found this website and tea
- EvgeniyaJul 3, 2017, 14:19I bought this one and Uji Organic (which the least expensive here). Since i am not an expert in matcha (i drink it only to substitute coffee and regular tea, for energy), i saw no difference between these two matchas, so i will continue to buy the Uji one. But this Kaoru is still great.
- MaaritAug 6, 2016, 04:43My first matcha I ordered from O-Cha was Kaoru Supreme and I liked it a lot. However, having it sent to Finland turned out to be a bit costly due to customs duty. It was a lovely matcha and I had it every morning for an energetic start for the day - well worth the money but after the Kaoru Supreme was I wanted to try out this other, somewhat cheaper organic matcha to compare with the Supreme. Firstly, I was very impressed with the fast delivery. Now that there was no customs duty, the tea reached me less than 7 days. I could not wait to have my first cup as soon as I got home. The froth on this matcha was very soft and thick and the flavour was very mellow, pleasant and mild. The Supreme has definitely more of an "edge" but this Kaoru matcha was a very pleasant surprise and I will surely order it again. As some of the other reviewers noted, this matcha is a good one to get acquainted with matcha teas.
- Chong HEMay 5, 2016, 19:52This is a product of its own class, unique in its own way.
First, this Matcha is very aromatic. And it is vibrant green in color. OK, maybe its color is a bit duller comparing to Kyou Mukashi, but still befitting its grade. What's more, this Matcha foams easily and is very pleasant to make tea with.
But you might wonder now. Wait, these are something any Matcha of this grade can offer you, right? What's so unique about it? Oh, but it is unique. In fact, this product is the single Matcha of this grade I have tried so far that can literally render you soul-cleansing bitterness. Something no other Matcha of similar grade can offer you. Pre-warm your Chawan or not, pre-wet your whisk or not; you can use water as warm as 76.5 degree Celsius or as low as 70.0 degree Celcius; you can whisk it for as long as 2 minutes or as short as 30 seconds. It doesn't matter. Such refreshing bitterness will always faithfully be there for you to savour.
Therefore, I highly recommend you this Matcha if such soul cleansing refreshness is what you are after. As of me? Oh well, I am looking forward to the arrival of my next batch of Macha, Kyou Mukashi and Kiku Mukashi. Having experienced such premium bitterness, I believe any other Matcha could ascend me straight up to heaven.
- Tim HowarthApr 6, 2016, 21:25Don't know what i was doing wrong, but it was always too bitter. I never added straight boiling water i let it cool first.
I might give it another go in the future, it is extremely fresh though.
(O-Cha.com staff guess as to what went wrong: pre-heat and dry the bowl. It sounds like your water temp was still too high. Also, matcha is not completely bitter free.)