Back to product details
Ratings and Reviews of Kirishima Organic Sencha
- Aaron TaylorSep 26, 2023, 23:49Considering I am not a fan of medium to deep steamed teas, I think this is one of the best available for that category. The Asamushi version is more flavorful at least towards the real tea flavor in my opinion. Most medium to deep steamed teas introduce other flavor components I dont particularly care for, such as chlorophyll, while muting the true tea flavor. This tea thankfully is not chlorophyll heavy(raw wet grass flavor) or dominant. Its still have some complexity to it, and some dry grassy flavor which is superior. For those who love deep steamed teas, this one won't disappoint, and to those who don't normally like this category, this is a tea to try that is surprisingly decent.
- GeoffAug 4, 2019, 09:03This is a rather interesting sencha with a strong aroma upon opening the bag. It tastes somewhat brothy and a little salty. It reminds me of Asatsuyu sencha to an extent, but different in ways; happens to be they come from the same area. It has a lot going on flavor-wise and I'd recommend it for anyone wanting something above the average sencha.
- Toby KlingerSep 16, 2017, 05:27Every tea I've had from o-cha had a unique flavor, but this is one of my favorites.
- London FanAug 6, 2017, 07:04This one has been my favourite of the two senchas that i've ordered. Amazing, intense and delicious green tea. Will be ordering more!
- Vijay HarilelaJul 28, 2017, 21:40Very lovely tea. Most of the teas are of high quality and you'll have to try them all to arrive at your favourites.
- Sergey SemenovJun 15, 2017, 09:18Delicate, high quality Sencha. I use it for 3 infusions and all 3 are quite different offering different shades of taste and smell. Will be buying again.
- Iris De OcampoMar 15, 2017, 03:44Tastes great, is organic and can last for at least 4 infusions (haven't tried more yet). Well worth its price.
- Thomas DoonerMar 11, 2017, 06:59I've been making good tasting green tea for years and w/o special pots or temperature gauges. I believe taste depends on freshness and cultivars that I like. My first bag of Kirishima Organic Sencha was very good. Upon opening my second bag I immediately noticed the dry aroma was not as strong and the taste did not satisfy like the first bag. Yes, I could make it stronger by adding more tea and adjust the water temperature and seeping time but it never had the sparkle of the first bag. To me the dry aroma indicates how it will taste. My second bag is from the same harvest year, 2016. Near the last few cups from my first bag I also noticed that the taste also seemed to lose it's sparkle. I believe the closer one buys after the harvest, the quicker one uses it after opening, the more likely the taste will satisfy. I will wait till the 2017 harvest and possibly change the variety before purchasing my next bag.
- Danuta MolendaMay 24, 2016, 02:28I had not experiences with Japanease tea I have chosen using tips from website. It is delicious.
- Oliver FrankMar 18, 2016, 10:57Definitely the best Organic Sencha I have tried. Not too soft and better than several non-organic senchas for the same price....
GIve it a try!