Uji Matcha Kiku Mukashi
An above average, high quality, regular consistency (usucha) matcha from Uji City, near Kyoto, Japan. The unsolicited customer reviews (see below) speak for themselves. We obtain this ceremonial grade matcha from a rather famous maker. Whether you use Uji Matcha "Kiku Mukashi" for the tea ceremony or as a source for antioxidants or mind relaxing theanine, know that this matcha, as with all of our products, is extremely fresh (we only order small quantities as we sell) and is a quality throughout. We keep this product under refrigeration until shipment.
Net weight 30gm.
This product is also available forautomatic monthly delivery!
- $14.07 USD
- Shipping Weight80 g
- Grown inUji
- ColorVery Green
- ContainerRe-sealable Round Metal Container
- Net Wgt30 grams
- Servings Per Container20 x 1.5 gm servings
- Whisk Type65-72+ prong usucha whisk
- ndsaNov 22, 2017, 03:46Seems like a good quality Matcha. Quite nice for every day use.
- Ivo GreshevNov 7, 2017, 16:50Very good matcha, price/quality best choice for me
- Greg DSep 11, 2017, 09:10A good, well-balanced matcha. No major offending characteristics. Perhaps not the best at foaming compared to other matcha, but that may have to do with the how fine the grind is. It is my go-to matcha. Glad it's available as a subscription. Worth it to try it at the very least.
- lauren thomasApr 22, 2017, 23:47I bought this matcha along with the Kiri no Mori Uji matcha and enjoy them both a great deal. There is a bit of a flavour difference between the two and I like alternating between cups. This particular matcha blends perfectly with little effort. There are never any grains or bits left at the bottom. Flavour is high but it is less fragrant thatn Kiri no Mori Uji matcha. I will definitely pick this up again when my supply starts to run low.
- MartinMar 22, 2017, 18:53Very good matcha with very good price. Suitable for everyday drinking. For me best hit in terms of "above average quality / price" ratio.
- Heather ConnollyMar 12, 2017, 06:39I drink matcha every day for my health and it has lowered my cholesterol by 2 points. Uji Match Kiku Mukashi tastes lovely and smooth. It's nice with some fresh lemon also
- Edward GallantJan 29, 2017, 10:27My review is almost the same as for toyo mukashi with this one. I think I like toyo mukashi just a little better, but they are both very tasty. I am happy to be able to indulge in maccha, I can get a more consistent result than I can with senchas, where brewing parameters can vary from harvest to harvest, personal habits. It's harder to drink too much maccha, as well, since you make it in small amounts.
- Chance PlaskettJan 9, 2017, 10:07Mild and sweet, softly announced green butter. Not much umami or marine nor vegetal and absolutely no bitterness. Leaves a wonderful nourishing taste in the mouth - an almost silent flavor that still speaks.
- Feb 1, 2021, 22:20
I'm wondering if you test for lead and radiation that might contaminate the matcha from the soil in Japan? Thank you!Feb 2, 2021, 14:21
Our growers test for that once a year. We used to post the certificates after the Fukushima catastrophes in 2011 but we've got so many teas it became cumbersome to keep up with it.
- Jul 5, 2019, 23:52
Hi, I am wondering the date of the grind? or how long to you keep this matcha tea after grinding.
FrancoiseJul 6, 2019, 12:08
The matcha has been ground at some point (we don't actually track that) and kept in special cold storage facilities until we order from our supplier as needed. Usually the matcha we order does not stay in our own facility more than 2 weeks, we only order in small batches as needed. Since we are located in Japan it's very easy for us to order fresh matcha from our suppliers and have it delivered to us within 24-48 hours.
- Sep 1, 2016, 08:43
Is this the matcha that referred to as the "Chrysanthemum of Old" at one time? It has been a while since I've placed an order, and it was one of my favorites.Sep 1, 2016, 11:59
Yes, it's the one and the same.