Back to product details
Ratings and Reviews of Kurasawa Organic Sencha
- Justine HolmesMai 8, 2023, 07:39A tea that is very sensitive to heat and steeping time. With my loose tea making skills I often over did it and the tea wasn't as good as it could be. When I got it right I was surprised at how amazing it was but I found it hard to get it right.O-Cha.com Japanese Green Tea & MatchaMai 15, 2023, 03:13Usually this tea is blended with other teas, I think we're the only ones who sell it completely unblended. The reason we carry the unblended version is because it's extremely high in catachins, probably higher than any other sencha. This is why it's hard to brew - it can be bitter so it needs a gentle, lower temperature brew and shorter brew time.
- Ryan HodgesMär 22, 2023, 23:06This brings the astringency required to deliver a long lasting complex aftertaste. A challenging tea that rewards the one who pushes the astringency envelope. After the "bitter" comes the "sweet". Life lesson in a teacup.
- ianMai 17, 2020, 07:12favorite tea i've bought from ocha so far. very natural grassy green taste. definitely more of an experience than just as a nice tasting hot beverage, elegant but still quite simple
- hblazeNov 15, 2018, 05:29Sweet, fruity and delicate. Great tea.
- Alon AgmonAug 12, 2018, 12:17Very nice tea! grassy and citrusy.
Not hard to brew at all, just make sure water temp is low...
- AnnaSep 27, 2017, 09:44This sencha has a nice grassy scent and flavor. Some teas have a scent that is grassy, but the flavor isn't as bold. Not so with this tea; the flavor matches the scent. I'm careful to keep the water temperature as indicated on the bag and I think that does the trick. I get 3-4 steepings from a spoonful.
- Pavol GolisSep 22, 2017, 20:55very nice one for the price, leaves are not as powdery as with other teas here. Strong grassy stench not unpleasant, but noticeable. Have yet to test if its on match with Benifuuki in terms of dealing with allergies during season.
- Sam SchecterAug 28, 2017, 05:40Delicious and supple green. Great brew for the price.
- DanAug 18, 2017, 13:24If you are looking for high quality Japanese Tea O-Cha is the place- I've been drinking green tea for 15+ years from a lot of different places-- O cha has the best prices for the quality. Check them out if your looking for Great Japanese Green Tea A+++
- NebsJul 2, 2017, 18:34This became my instant favourite. It can be hard to handle, but when you get it right it will blow your socks off. It's thick, juicy, fruity, sugary and sweet with some lingering umami. Mouthfeel is thick and smooth. Flavour is not too mild or too strong, it's just right. I will be ordering more definitely.