(2022, 2023) This is one of the best teas from the Yabukita cultivar I have had. Normally, the teas from this cultivar in the past have been too boring for me. Not this one. It has a complexity to its flavor that the others lack. Its scent is also much better than most teas I have sampled from this cultivar. This is an absolutely delicious tea, with an incredible fragrance. I brew according to the instructions, and sometimes I brew it 5 degrees hotter(F), and it still turns out wonderful. Dont push the time envelope too much, or it will become bitter beyond complexity. The taste is not improved by pushing the envelope much like other teas.
I have to say O-cha is the best! I have tried Japanese teas from other vendors, and I always come back here because they don't except low quality teas, and you don't have to "guess" as much. Other companies are not as picky with the quality, and so I have been disappointed in the past with subpar teas. You won't be with O-cha.
Kirishima Organic Sencha
- $14.07 USD
21 – Reward points
- Gewicht110 g
- Loose Leaf
- Ease of BrewingMedium - Brew w/ care
- Net Weight100 g / 3.52 oz
- Growing RegionKirishima City, Kagoshima Prefecture
- HarvestFirst and/or Shincha
- ShadingFull Sun
- SteamingLight to Medium
- First infusions per Pkg22
- Leaf (dry weight grams) to Water (1 fl oz / 30 ml) Ratio (recommended).6 g to 1 oz/30 ml
- Brew Temp (℃/℉ - recommended )74℃ (165℉)
- Brew Time (Seconds)45
- NotesStrong umami taste, a very unique green tea!
- Aaron TaylorJul 24, 2023, 21:32
- Brian ThompsonNov 2, 2018, 00:58A very powerful tea. As far as taste goes, this is my favorite available here. It is similar in flavor to the organic kabusecha and organic kanayamidori, which are not available this year. If you liked those, try this one. It requires less leaf to get it full bodied and aromatic, so the cost per cup is actually reasonable.
- Arto TammenoksaOkt 16, 2018, 02:22Excellent tea with a splendid astringent taste.
- RyanJun 21, 2018, 21:01I really like this tea. It has umami mixed in with grassiness. Really flavorful and while strong -- the flavors work together so well. Very satisfying.