Powdered Sencha - Organic
- $6.80 USD
- Gewicht65 g
- Grown inUji
- ContainerRe-sealable Flat Flexible Packaging
- Net Wgt60 grams
- Servings Per Container30-60 (1/4 to 1/2 teaspoons per serving)
- Whisk TypeNot Needed
- Fabien BugalaSep 19, 2017, 22:03Amazing quality for an organic sencha powder at this price.
As I thought, it's not the same quality as sencha leaves you brew with care, but that's not why I bought this product. On the contrary, I needed a product that can produce good quality tea in no time (and no logistic) for the office.
This is far better than expected! Now I find it doesn't mix as well as described but that's ok, there's not much left at the bottom of the mug by the end :)
- Dries VJun 28, 2017, 20:22Realy love it. It's the first time i bought powdered sencha and i must say SUPER. Quality is very good. I like this because when i want a quick cup of green thea i use this. Nice variation of thea.
- MarissaJun 25, 2017, 03:57I drink sencha in the afternoon because it has less caffeine and more catechins. This tea is fresh, blends well and tastes great!
- Johan AardalDez 13, 2016, 07:42Very fresh taste, blends perfectly in cold water, prefer it to matcha.
- Charmaine LoboAug 27, 2016, 02:21This tea is excellent! It tastes great and is the cheapest on the Internet. I also like the fact that it comes in 60 gm packages as it is important to use up green tea quickly once opened as the antioxidants keep diminishing as they are exposed to air, light and heat. Therefore, this is just the right amount for one person for the month. Highly recommended.
- Zbigniew MolendaMai 23, 2016, 17:31I had not experiences with Japanease tea I have chosen using tips from website.It is delicious I reorder again
- PaiviMär 30, 2016, 05:42Fresh and great quality powered Sencha.
Arrived suprisingly fast in a beautiful box. Thank you. Will order again.
- Bennett HallMär 7, 2016, 02:17Great quality product. I was looking for something a bit more affordable and different than matcha and I found it in this product. Dissolves very easily in any liquid-- it's more finely milled than any matcha I've had. Clean, grassy flavor which is exactly what I was wanting. It doesn't have a very attractive color when mixed with water, sort of like a dull brownish green, but I suspect this is very typical with powdered sencha and so I don't count that against it. Will definitely consider ordering again, but I'm also on the look-out for newer sencha, as this one is from 2014 and while very good might still be lacking in optimal flavor. Overall, great though!
- Jul 12, 2023, 13:19
I noticed that your non-organic powdered sencha is not in stock recently. Will this be in stock soon/again?
RichardJul 12, 2023, 13:55
We quit selling that for a number of reasons.
- Jan 16, 2023, 21:17
Approximately how much caffeine is in one serving?Jan 17, 2023, 11:13
About 30 mg of caffeine per serving
- Jul 16, 2019, 01:51
Can you prepare it like matcha (usucha and koicha)? ThanksJul 16, 2019, 08:33
No, the taste is quite different, this is powdered sencha - not matcha. I guess you could try it but it's not meant to be used like matcha, however.
- Mai 27, 2019, 23:10
I found an unopened pouch of powdered sencha in my aunt's pantry. The bag has 2 dates: 10/13/07 and 4/12/08. Is it still viable to drink or bake with? Thanks, ChrisMai 28, 2019, 01:12
No, those are way old…years old.
- Aug 27, 2018, 05:42
Your description mentions that you only need 1/4 teaspoon per serving but that there are only 15 servings per 60 grams. This would mean that there are only about 4 teaspoons total in the entire bag and this doesn't sound quite right. How many 1/4 teaspoon servings are in 60 grams of this powder? Thank you for your help!Aug 27, 2018, 13:50
1/4 teaspoon of powder weights about 1 gram, 1/2 teaspoon weights about 2 grams. A single serving is really 1/4 to 1/2, it's not that exact, it would also depend on your cup size. If you measure out 1/4 teaspoon then you would get 60 servings, if you measured out 1/2 teaspoon it would be 30 servings.