Back to product details
Ratings and Reviews of Uji Matcha Manten
- Jared Ellerbrockmai 17, 2019, 07:29Elegant taste, vibrant green color. Extremely smooth. Not as deep of a flavor or lingering finish as some other matcha, but very nice. Not sure if price is worth it.
- Matthew Amster-Burtonjuin 27, 2018, 07:42Wondering, like I did for a long time, whether this could possible be worth the price? It is. Easy. Probably the highlight of any week you drink it.
- Aleksnov. 7, 2017, 19:16Absolutely the best matcha I've ever tasted, no contest. The brew is so green it, in my eyes, almost leans towards the turquoise end of the spectrum. I had a tin of Midori Spring Emerald class matcha, which I made side by side for comparison (and out of greed :). The colour of the Manten eclipses the Emerald completely, making it look yellowy-grey by comparison and the flavours are so complex they go beyond my powers of description. Would recommend to any matcha lover to try at least once!
- NYCTeasept. 23, 2017, 02:30Very lovely. Still prefer the Taiko-San Uji Matcha, but this is another delightful matcha.
- Edward Wollmanjuin 28, 2017, 08:25I slowly worked my way up to Uji Matcha Manten. And there I stopped. I will skip the detailed descriptive analyses and simply say it starts my day, everyday. So very good. What a find.
- Happy Dogmai 17, 2017, 08:40The best of the best! I have been consuming two tins of this and the Taiko San for years.
- Aaronmars 28, 2017, 14:44Wonderful flavour, beautiful colour. A treat to prepare and to enjoy.
- sinlin tangjuin 11, 2016, 01:32When I first opened the bag, I was wowed by the color. I didn't think I could get this bright color from matcha because I had bought a $30 matcha here in the US and it's ranged as the best... After I tried this one, I know I can never go back to the convenient pick up $30 one at the market anymore. I will just wait a little while for it to ship to me then :)
- Steven Weissjuin 9, 2016, 06:55what can i add to the enthusiastic reviews offered by other enraptured consumers of this truly heavenly matcha? perhaps only to say that they are right and to believe them! i have prepared and savored matcha for over twenty years... and there is nothing i have have found that compares to this matcha! matcha manten is the standard to which all other matchas are compared. yes, i will vary and drink seasonal treats like shincha matcha or kuradashi when it is available... but this is the matcha i always come back to and enjoy most reliably... for weeks, months, and years! oh, i also emphatically recommend that you invest in a chasen or bamboo whisk that is specially designed for preparing koicha or thick style matcha. it will make a difference in both texture and flavor. they sell them here at O-Cha.
- John Lebelmai 15, 2016, 02:55Wow! My personal favorite matcha I have ever tried! Definitely worth the price. Time to order more!