Arita Teapot "Kohiki Budō"
A high quality handcrafted teapot from Arita Japan, Arita Teapot "Kohiki Budou" is perfect for brewing green tea. A small teapot, it would be best used for single cups of green tea. The infuser screen is deep rather than wide and is removable. Suspended off of the floor of the teapot, it allows the wet leaves to drain completely without remaining wet on the floor of the teapot in between subsequent infusions.
Holds 250ml / 8.5oz
- $26.80 USD
- Poids442 g
- Clay ColorOther
- Infuser ScreenStainless basket
- Useful forGyokuro, Light Steamed Green Tea, Single Servings
- Volume#14 ( 250ml/8.5oz)
- Lauramars 14, 2017, 21:53Lovely and functional. I'm very pleased with this tea pot.
- Satu Metsolaavril 27, 2016, 03:06I have had this teapot for months and I could not be happier. It's well balanced and easy to clean, although I did have to buy little brushes to clean the spout and the holes. The glaze doesn't get stained and bits of tea leaves don't get stuck in the filter. The teapot is well balanced and pours neatly without dripping. Not to mention that it is beautiful.
- Bryan MacFarlandfévr. 12, 2016, 05:50Great looking teapot! The design is beautifully painted. Perfect size for one cup of tea. The screen is easy to clean and the handle is well balanced. Some of the finer leaves get through the strainer and into your cup, but that's not really an issue for me! Very well crafted!
- Claude Rispemars 22, 2015, 20:27Beautiful design. Perfectly designed for an accurate brewing of sencha.
Advantages: A very nice tea pot, perfect for one (or possibly two) person.
Disadvantages: May be the lid is a bit too thin (thinner than the rest of the pot) and so it appears to be fragile (I am very afraid to break it if it ever drops!). Also, the little sphere on top of it is a bit small and not so easy to handle.
- Daniel Brownavril 1, 2014, 06:46This is my first teapot, which I bought with matching teacups. It's the perfect size to fill the two cups, and very easy to clean out. One thing I noticed was that the smaller bits of sencha leaves (not gyokuro) get stuck in the infuser and can be a pain to clean out after re-hydrating. This is more likely because the sencha I used was the oldest stock (a full year) that would ever be available to order (still fresher than anything store-bought) and perhaps was a bit finer than usual, but that's speculation. In any case, very satisfied with this functional, easy to use teapot.
Advantages: Easy to clean, removable screen, aesthetic appeal exactly as advertised
Disadvantages: Smaller leaf bits may get stuck in infuser screen, but cleaning is easy enough as it is removable.
- Joni Kettunenfévr. 3, 2014, 12:00Ease of use is the main thing which comes to my mind when I used this teapot first few times. After a while I also noticed beautiful decorations on the top of the pot. After all I am more utilitarian person than looking for aesthetics. I control brewing temperature by adding first small amount of cold water at the bottom of the pot and then pouring hot water on top of that. Small holes leading to the nose of the pot are a good scale to measure right amount of cold water. Between each brewing it is easy to lift up the infuser to avoid pouring hot water on top of the tea leaves. Afterwards cleaning up the infuser is very easy. This is my kind of tea pot.
Advantages: Easy to measure right amount of water. Easy to keep leaves away of hot water. Easy to clean. Beautiful decorations. Excellent usability. Handle is well balanced and right size.
- Earle Wallbankavril 6, 2013, 19:47As the description says, this is a beautiful and quality teapot. The internal filter basket fits perfectly works a treat. Works great with the matching Kohiki Budou teacups (2 cups fill it).
Advantages: Excellent quality
Very easy to use
Very easy to clean
- Nathan Andersonaoût 5, 2011, 09:00Just received this, and it is nearly perfect, exactly as described, and it arrived less than a week after I ordered it. Very pleased.
- août 1, 2020, 03:01
Is tree he glaze lead and cadmium free?août 1, 2020, 12:33
Yes, all of our items are lead and cadmium free.
- févr. 13, 2019, 13:36
Is this teapot glazed on the inside? From the image it appears to be but I wanted to make sure.févr. 13, 2019, 16:35
Yes, it is glazed on the inside as well.