Back to product details
Ratings and Reviews of Yame Gyokuro
- Donny PayneJun 18, 2020, 14:49I have purchased 3 of these so far, and O-Cha has the best green tea you can buy in the world. Don't take my word for it, get you an amazing shiboridashi from this website and make some gyokuro for yourself.
- Melanie DuretteSep 29, 2017, 05:03This one is such a treat at an affordable price!
- aspiAug 9, 2017, 02:42This is awesome sweet easy to brew gyokuro. After first cup I felt growing peace in me with the odour of old tea rituals. Second and third cup brought inspiration and even cups from third infusion had a lot to say with strong taste. Pefect tea.
- KatJul 25, 2017, 20:10Surprisingly easy to brew (for a gyokuro, that is!). The taste develops gradually and lingers for long. Lighter than some other gyokuros I've tried, which makes it especially good if you're looking for a daily tea with a twist. Overall, good value for money.
- TECUNUMAN GARCIAMay 27, 2017, 01:38WOW, I am just going to right the same review I did for Shirakawa because I feel the same about both teas. I am so Happy to have found O-Cha online, I use to live in Japan for five years back in the 90's, and how i missed that local green tea. Since then I have buying Gyokuro from Teavana, and let me tell you, once I got my Yame tea, talk about night and day difference. I am not sure where Teavana gets there green tea, but from now on I would rather and will get my tea straight from the source. The taste is just phenomenal. O-Cha has a customer for life. Oh and one thing, the shipping had me at a surprise, it super fast from Japan, very very Happy.
- John McDougallApr 18, 2017, 02:10I have tried lots of alternatives like Oku midori sencha, and some other Gyokuros. Gyokuro is consistent and Yame is perfect for me. Lots of flavor. One higher end one I tried that matybe the same price for a third of the amount seemed too light for me. I like some color and "beef" to it. Yame is my daily tea and no longer trying others lol.
- MartinApr 3, 2017, 22:32This is without any doubt my favourite gyokuro for everyday use. Not a ceremonial or competition grade, but drinking a competition grade tea everyday quite misses the purpose, doesn't it? This gyokuro taste and aroma are very typically refreshing and satisfying at the same time. It is visually very charming tea – both dry and wet leaves, the infusion similarly.
- Áron MacsiczaMar 22, 2017, 07:39Good quality gyokuro, great price/quality ratio. Apparently this is not a competition grade tea but it gives you the typically sweetish very pleasant"gyokuroesque" liquor and does not break the bank at the same time. I will definitely buy it again!
- Stephanie LundgrenMar 17, 2017, 11:58I love this gyokuro. Grassy taste, incredible aroma and visually appealing. I always come back for more and every morning I look forward to my first sip.
- George KoupiarisMar 5, 2017, 15:52Definitely a great Gyokuro which has a nice balance of quality for price. I've tried the some of the other Gyokuro offered, but this one has been my favorite so far.