Back to product details
Ratings and Reviews of Yutaka Midori Sencha
- JoanOct 27, 2017, 03:36I have ordered this tea a couple times in the past. Definitely one of my favorites. The popularity says everything of it. Good price with high quality. Great aroma without much astringency in taste. Not too hard to brew it right. Will order it again in the future.
- Dan ROct 22, 2017, 00:39I've been buying from O'Cha for seven years now. Service has always been first rate. From ease of ordering on website to speed till items ship; they always meet or exceed my expectations.
I've been using YM for a while now. I prefer its taste. It's easy to brew and never gets bitter.
- Susan RoelofsOct 16, 2017, 02:38This is my favourite Japanese green tea.
- Joni KettunenSep 24, 2017, 19:10From the first sip from the first brew to the last sip to the last brew I really like this tea. It has all the element excellent tea for simple man like me should have. It tolerates little variation in the water temperature which suits me fine. I don't want to watch temperature too much.
All three times I use same leaves, taste varies which is a pleasure. There is enough variation to keep my mouth excited but Yutaka Midori is easily recognized. I just love this tea.
- Toby KlingerSep 15, 2017, 21:18Delicious!
- Vijay HarilelaJul 28, 2017, 13:40Top quality tea and worth every penny.
- Frédéric JouanJul 20, 2017, 16:16The greatest green tea we've tested!
- Mark RossJun 22, 2017, 12:53I decided to splurge and get Yutaka Midori Shincha, and I have to say: this tea really is something special. I'm still relatively new to Japanese greens, but this is one of the most impressive ones I've had (the fact that it's not far and away the best is a testimony to the quality of all O-Cha's teas!).
The umami quality is very nice, as are the vegetal notes; it's like drinking a warm early summer's day where the sun has come out after a rainfall. It's not the easiest to brew, and will become bitter if the leaf is off just a little bit, so measure carefully. I highly recommend this tea!
- Jim HargraveJun 20, 2017, 10:12This is a strong medium/deep steamed tea. I brew it at 165F or else it was a bit too bitter for my taste. Love brewing this with my new fukamushi teapot from O-Cha!
- FauntleroyJun 1, 2017, 03:08The scent that emerges from the opened bag is awesome. And so is the flavour of the tea. A deep green cup, light sweetness, very aromatic and good umami. At the right temperature (not more than 60°C) there's not much adstringency and the little that is there adds up formidably to the excellent taste.