Back to product details
Ratings and Reviews of Yutaka Midori Sencha
- Nick HardersenApr 21, 2014, 11:30This was my first fukamushi and I absolutely love it! I've always gotten asamushi and chumushi before and for whatever reason I had never tried a deep steamed tea. I sadly do not have a kyusu made specifically for fukamushis, but the extra tea particles that come through my clay screen are completely okay with me. All I know is that this sencha is top quality and delicious. I could seriously drink it all day and not get tired of it. Please buy this!
- Alex WoodlandApr 18, 2014, 21:21There's a reason this tea has 18 Five-Star reviews. Its utterly superb. Deep, rich and smooth. Everything I love in a sencha. Grab some!
- Robert mckeeOct 10, 2013, 12:30This was my favorite tea, of three from here I tried..but in fairness was about equal, although very different from the expensive gyokuro ($58).
I did not feel that this tea is extra sensitive to steeping too long (as someone said).. But I am steeping at 170F.. I am just now having the last hit from this bag..
For comparison purposes, Im used to fine senchas (similar to fukamushi).
I tried the shincha first time (version of fukamushi).. Found it too harsh for my sensitive stomach (letting it age a bit.. hopefully since I let air in, it will still me OK).. I believe tea is hard on stomachs in general (if you are sensitive), but this tea seemed less so..
- Mark DuarteJul 17, 2013, 12:35Excellent tea. Great aroma, taste and color.
- Alisha KishlockJul 11, 2013, 13:00This is definitely a great tasting tea. I was previously hooked on gyokuro from Teavana, but realized their teas weren't all that. I've never tried sencha, so trying this was the best thing I've done. I'm officially in love with this tea now! :) Thanks O-cha!
- Dmitriy PertsevJun 2, 2013, 13:00I really liked it. Very pleasant taste. In the heat perfectly quenches thirst.
- John KingMay 15, 2013, 13:27Simply wonderful. This tea has quickly become my favorite Sencha. For my tastes, the second brewing of this great tea is sublime. Follow the time and temperature guidelines on the bag and you will not be disappointed.
- Michael O'MalleyApr 18, 2013, 04:55This was my first sencha from O-cha. I loved the vegetal, slightly asparagus, taste of this tea. It's full of flavor without being excessive. The second steep is my favorite, but the third doesn't really call me back.
- Mauro BighinApr 2, 2013, 17:41I have tried several different kind of green tea but I always come back to Kagoshima Sencha Yutaka Midori. This is definitely my tea.
- victoria casascoMar 6, 2013, 12:00I'm in Heaven. An excellent thick, deep green brew, with complex notes and continues to preform very well into multiple steeps. Nice. Flavorful. Highly recommend!