Gyokuro Green Tea Bags
New & Improved Gyokouro Tea Bags...
We finally came across a gyokuro green tea bag of a high quality that is worthy of our lineup. Unlike the vast majority of green tea tea bags you run across, each of our Gyokuro Green Tea Bags consists of 5 grams of high quality gyokuro leaf (not tea dust). There are a few gyokuro stems in this tea bag which give the tea a slight astringency but the main flavor is gyokuro all the way.
This tea bag comes in a triangular, biodegradable (not plastic or nylon) mesh infusion bag, and will not affect the taste as traditional paper teabags are known to do. A wonderful grassy aroma awaits you when you open the re-sealable package.
As of November 2020, the tea bag material used for our Uji green tea bags is composed of a starch based biomass material derived from plants. In addition to the filter, the laminate on the tag and string of this product also incorporate the same environmentally-friendly material.
One package includes (16) five-gram high quality gyokuro tea bags, try some today!
Notes on Brewing this gyokuro tea bag
To brew this successfully, you do need to take temperature into consideration. A good proceedure is to use TWO cups to brew this tea.
1) In your first cup, add hot water (90 ℃ / 194 ℉) and allow it to sit for about a minute. The temperature will drop (see detailed product images).
2) Next, pour the water from the first cup into a second cup. The temperature will drop further (see detailed product images).
3) Lastly, put the teabag into the first cup (which is now pre-warmed) and pour the water from the second cup back into the first cup with the tea bag. 55℃ / 131℉ is the perfect temperature, brew this for 2.5 to 3 minutes (this is longer than for sencha). Place your used tea bag into the second cup for subsequent infusions.
- $12.73 USD
- Gewicht93 g
- Loose Leaf
- Ease of BrewingMedium - Brew w/ care
- Net Weight20 X 5 g/.17 oz teabags
- Growing Region100% Uji
- HarvestFirst and/or Shincha
- ShadingFull Shade (Gyokuro / Matcha)
- First infusions per Pkg16
- Leaf (dry weight grams) to Water (1 fl oz / 30 ml) Ratio (recommended)1.2 g to 1 oz/30 ml
- Brew Temp (℃/℉ - recommended )60℃ (140℉)
- Brew Time (Seconds)150-180
- Dr. Pedro A EnriquezSep 22, 2017, 21:27Brewed it cold.
Rich flavour with plenty of nuances, dense, sweet and nice umami.
- TylerApr 3, 2017, 14:26This tea has a semi sweet, grassy flavor that goes really well with a tablespoon of honey. The tea is enjoyable with or without honey, however I found that this tea is my favorite to pair with honey because of the unique flavor it creates.
- Alex GFeb 2, 2017, 13:37Very good gyokuro quality in a bagged tea! I bought this for ease of brewing while traveling. I was a bit hesitant to try gyokuro in tea bags, but the quality far exceeded my expectations. The product is as pictured on the O-Cha website--very few stems, large 5g bags. I brew a minimum of 3 infusions (sometimes up to 5) from the same bag. Note that the bags are not individually wrapped.
- peter spaethDez 29, 2016, 04:20Unique taste, an interesting change of pace from the Uji teabags, very high quality, much more leaf than in other Gyokuru bags I have purchased.
- OchazukeDez 26, 2016, 09:59This is my another favorite next to Uji tea bags. It has tea stems, which gives it unique grassy flavor.