Seems like a good quality Matcha. Quite nice for every day use.
Back to product details
Ratings and Reviews of Kiku Mukashi Uji Matcha
- ndsaNov 22, 2017, 03:46
- Ivo GreshevNov 7, 2017, 16:50Very good matcha, price/quality best choice for me
- Greg DSep 11, 2017, 10:10A good, well-balanced matcha. No major offending characteristics. Perhaps not the best at foaming compared to other matcha, but that may have to do with the how fine the grind is. It is my go-to matcha. Glad it's available as a subscription. Worth it to try it at the very least.
- lauren thomasApr 23, 2017, 00:47I bought this matcha along with the Kiri no Mori Uji matcha and enjoy them both a great deal. There is a bit of a flavour difference between the two and I like alternating between cups. This particular matcha blends perfectly with little effort. There are never any grains or bits left at the bottom. Flavour is high but it is less fragrant thatn Kiri no Mori Uji matcha. I will definitely pick this up again when my supply starts to run low.
- MartinMar 22, 2017, 19:53Very good matcha with very good price. Suitable for everyday drinking. For me best hit in terms of "above average quality / price" ratio.
- Heather ConnollyMar 12, 2017, 07:39I drink matcha every day for my health and it has lowered my cholesterol by 2 points. Uji Match Kiku Mukashi tastes lovely and smooth. It's nice with some fresh lemon also
- Edward GallantJan 29, 2017, 10:27My review is almost the same as for toyo mukashi with this one. I think I like toyo mukashi just a little better, but they are both very tasty. I am happy to be able to indulge in maccha, I can get a more consistent result than I can with senchas, where brewing parameters can vary from harvest to harvest, personal habits. It's harder to drink too much maccha, as well, since you make it in small amounts.
- Chance PlaskettJan 9, 2017, 10:07Mild and sweet, softly announced green butter. Not much umami or marine nor vegetal and absolutely no bitterness. Leaves a wonderful nourishing taste in the mouth - an almost silent flavor that still speaks.
- AndrewJan 8, 2017, 09:47Kiku Mukashi is an outstanding quality matcha for the under $20. It is a weekend treat in our house (along with Toyo Mukashi, which is of similar quality, although I prefer Kiku Mukashi for its flavor profile/slightly higher quality). I have ordered it many times and it has never disappointed.
- Adam ReissmanDec 27, 2016, 08:10When it comes to the everyday matcha, with just enough flavor and character to keep you content, while not jonessing over where your next bowl of matcha is gonna come from cause your wallet is on the lean side....this is the perfect purchase. Does it have a five star flavor profile??? Absolutely not...its not supposed to. i have not had many twenty dollar matchas with this amount of balance and boldness. Its honest and revealing of some flaws but they are quite easy to overlook. Would be a great entry point to people curious about tea or wanting to explore the different grades. Works well with a mineral rich water like aqua panna.