Kaoru Fukamushi Sencha
- $13.40 USD
20 – Reward points
- Poids110 g
- Loose Leaf
- Ease of BrewingEasy Brewer!
- Net Weight100 g / 3.52 oz
- Growing RegionMakinohara
- HarvestFirst and/or Shincha
- ShadingFull Sun
- ColorDeep Green
- First infusions per Pkg22
- Leaf (dry weight grams) to Water (1 fl oz / 30 ml) Ratio (recommended).6 g to 1 oz/30 ml
- Brew Temp (℃/℉ - recommended )74℃ (165℉)
- Brew Time (Seconds)45
- NotesAn all around great green tea, highly recommended!
- Geoffjuil. 20, 2019, 01:04I tried this tea years ago, but can't remember how it was. Decided to try it again for 2019 and I've wondered if they mixed in the wrong tea in this bag, just because of how underwhelming it has been. I've tried hotter temperatures/less brew time, lower temperatures/longer brew time and everything in between. I was able to get a somewhat "okay" taste from it but for the price it's been bad value, for me. It's not too astringent or anything, but just lacks flavor period. I've tried a lot of teas on here and this is one I won't take the risk of getting again.O-Cha.com Japanese Green Tea & Matchajuil. 20, 2019, 21:13Teas change from year to year depending on the growing conditions. However, this year's tea is from the same grower as always.
- Brianmai 11, 2019, 00:30My first brew of this tea, I was very disappointed. It was quite bitter.
I made it again, more careful to use cooler water. I don't have a formal yuzamashi, but I used 175 degree water from my zojirushi to an empty tea pot, then poured the water into my sencha pot.
I brewed right at 45 seconds, and the result was incredible. A delicate and grassy tea with not even a hint of bitterness.
I highly recommend this tea, but adjust your brewing accordingly.
- Robertjanv. 5, 2019, 12:44Very pleasant grassy flavor. This is the first tea I've purchased from o-cha but it won't be the last!! I love this tea and will definitely be buying it again. It made it to Texas in 6 days!
- Denise Fischerdéc. 5, 2017, 05:29I love the deep grassy taste of this tea. I get this tea frequently and I am never disappointed in the morning when I have my first cup of tea.
- Dannyfaiceoct. 13, 2017, 11:31Has a very rich emerald color, and is great for up to 3 resteeps.
- Melanie Durettesept. 29, 2017, 04:02My favourite daily tea at the moment! Love the dark, grassiness of this one. Very green, very drinkable.
- Matthew Mitchellaoût 8, 2017, 23:42I filtered the first infusion which gave a more yellow colour. For the second infusion I did not filter it and it came out much more green. If you want the rich green colour, I would avoid using a very fine mesh filter.
The taste was like buttered asparagus and rice crackers. There is a slight bitterness and astringency that tickles the mouth without leaving it feeling too dry. There is a slight herbaceous and gently-bitter minty aftertaste.
It was good for about 4 infusions.
- Grant Gliddenaoût 4, 2017, 00:32Delicious, a bit tangy, and rich beautiful color. I love this tea.