Uji Gyokuro Tsurujirushi
One of our very our highest quality gyokuro, we offer Uji Gyokuro "Tsuru-jirushi" in 50 gram packages. From the same supplier as our already popular Gyokuro "Kamejirushi", this is absolutely the highest quality gyokuro we can obtain from this centuries old Uji firm. Shade grown before harvesting, it has a greener color and sweeter taste.
Once you learn to make it properly, you wil be hooked for life! As this is an expensive, high quality green tea be sure to read our gyokuro brewing instructions carefully as it is brewed differently than sencha.
Available in 50gm package.
- $22.78 USD
- Poids50 g
- Loose Leaf
- Ease of BrewingSomewhat Difficult - May take some practice to get it perfect.
- Net Weight50 g / 1.76 oz
- Growing Region100% Uji
- HarvestFirst and/or Shincha
- ShadingFull Shade (Gyokuro / Matcha)
- First infusions per Pkg6
- Leaf (dry weight grams) to Water (1 fl oz / 30 ml) Ratio (recommended)1.2 g to 1 oz/30 ml
- Brew Temp (℃/℉ - recommended )60℃ (140℉)
- Brew Time (Seconds)150-180
- NotesOne of the very best!
- Ryan Hodgesmars 22, 2023, 22:502022 Batch. Modern umami dominated flavour profile. Subtle, short-lived complexity underneath. No bitterness, minimal astringency. I find low value for my personal tastes.
- Nancy Halloct. 12, 2017, 20:51This tea is wonderful to drink every morning. I brew it st 160° F for 3 minutes. It’s smells wonderful and flavor is sweet without the tang. Color is a nice golden geeen color. One of my favorites.
- Martinsept. 13, 2017, 01:16This is an excellent gyokuro, quite rare. It has very delicate taste, in many ways more interesting than other gyokuros. Great aroma and leaf. I will be buying this item periodicaly. Definitely superb value.
- MARCO READ BORGHIaoût 28, 2013, 00:51A very good Gyokuro certainly worth trying. It seemes somewhat more delicate than other gyokuros, possibly adequate for those who like a less greeny/spinachy taste to their gyokuro. however it does posses a pleasant green taste and a long lasting clean tannin feel in the mouth. An enjoyable and very good tea, hardish to brew as you would expect.
- Peter Juhaszaoût 3, 2009, 09:00I've drunk my last cup of this superb gyokuro and like every sip of this tea. I really cant find better gyokuro than this. I liked it more than Kame Jirushi.
- Daniel S. E. Andersenjuil. 17, 2009, 09:00This site has fantastic gyokuro in general, so when I say that the Tsuru-Jiru-Shi is the best that really means something. This tea is absolutely stunning in every way. The leaf lets off a fantastic aroma and the brew packs a serious punch, an explosion
- Olivier Cocletavril 22, 2009, 09:00Excellent! Sweeter and clearer than the Kame Jiru Shi, my favorite gyokuro so far. I will now have to alternate between both I guess. The price is evidently quite high, less expensive than a good bottle of Champagne though.
Not difficult at all to brew if you keep to parameters.