I've been drinking Matcha tea for a little over 2 years now and this one is definitely among my favorites for daily usage.
The taste, as perceived by my young tongue, reminds me of my other all time favorite – the Toyo Mukashi. The taste is sweeter and less grassy-green than the Toyo, and it foams just as much.
This one tastes a lot like the top of the line Matchas offered here, for a fraction of the cost.
I order this one regularly, and the shipment to Sweden is very fast and always on point.
Back to product details
Ratings and Reviews of Kyou Mukashi Uji Matcha
- Rufus the Youngermars 9, 2017, 19:41
- Jens Evensensept. 4, 2016, 21:55Big taste - small price!
- Leonavril 27, 2016, 02:00Very very great tasting and priced matcha for this price, not bitter at all! Also shipping is exceptionally fast coming all the way from Japan, which means you get your matcha crave in no time. Definitely would recommend.
- Anttiavril 13, 2016, 07:47This has been my daily matcha for over six months now, and although I occasionally like getting the more expensive and high-end matchas, this one has amazing quality in such an affordable price that it's the go-to matcha for me, since it's really delicious.
- Casey Chanmars 20, 2016, 08:17I agree with the reviews that this is a good value matcha. Almost imperceptible difference in taste to some of the thrice expensive matchas. Sweet and good frothiness even for this confirmed beginner.
- Patrickfévr. 16, 2016, 08:44Very good for the price. Barely astringent at all, almost creamy–a great introduction into the world of drinkable Matcha.
- Bob Knaackfévr. 13, 2016, 23:48After reviewing the info on this tea I decided to try it after wanting to add Matcha to my diet for some time. I was pleasantly surprised to find a matcha that I can make quite easily and is very good. I'm about to order it again for the 3rd time.
- Tammy Whitleymai 23, 2015, 22:51Being new to matcha, I did not know what to expect. I am pleasantly surprised, but it is an acquired taste, I believe. I feel the price is reasonable and, based on other reviews of other teas, this one stacks up nicely. I am curious to compare. The color is very vibrant. The tea is smooth and delicate flavored. A bit natural, like grass, but not bitter. I find just a touch of monk fruit extract brings out many more layers of flavors and really highlights the beautiful qualities of this tea.
Advantages: Convenient to order and use. The discount is nice. A great way to start my day, reflecting on the delicateness of all life. This has taken the place of my morning coffee, but I still enjoy a cup of java mid-day! The caffeine content, although not as high as coffee, is sufficient to stave off withdrawal headaches.
- Jindrich Gorneravril 19, 2015, 07:25This was my first matcha and I must say I really loved it. The tea has got nice sweet grassy taste with creamy texture. There is a little bit bitterness, but when brewing properly it is not overpowering at all.
- Denise MacColemanmars 15, 2015, 19:38Tastes smooth, and wonderful. Refreshing, great flavor.