An interesting combination of Kyūshū sencha, sencha stems, and sakura (Japanese cherry tree) leaves grown in Izu. Open the package and you will be greeted by a rather sweet, enjoyable aroma of cherry blossoms and green tea. Brew Sakura Sencha and you will be rewarded with one very tasty, enjoyable green tea! This would be a very good introduction to green tea for those new to green tea, try it today!
Available in 50 gram packages.
- $4.36 USD
- Shipping Weight50 g
- Loose Leaf
- Ease of BrewingEasy Brewer!
- Net Weight50 g / 1.76 oz
- Growing RegionKyushu
- HarvestFirst and/or Shincha
- ShadingFull Sun
- SteamingMedium to Deep
- ClaritySomewhat Cloudy
- First infusions per Pkg12
- Leaf (dry weight grams) to Water (1 fl oz / 30 ml) Ratio (recommended).6 g to 1 oz/30 ml
- Brew Temp (℃/℉ - recommended )79℃ (175℉)
- Brew Time (Seconds)60-90
- NotesA good "beginner" green tea that connoisseiur's will also enjoy!
- KelseyOct 9, 2019, 06:33I personally can't detect any trace of floral; to me this tastes mostly like regular sencha, albeit smooth and mild.
- Alex ArmbrusterSep 21, 2017, 21:59This tea is very flavorful and has a great aromatic scent. I usually only drink regular sencha but this blends the good sencha taste with the wonderful sakura flowers to produce a good combination
- ArinAug 27, 2017, 05:20Great tea when brewed properly. Very refreshing and a good to-go tea to sip on daily. I would purchase again for the springtime.
- Dylan StevensonJun 18, 2017, 18:15Tea is nice if brewed right otherwise it can be very particular on the tastebuds. nice once in a while as a break from other senchas
- Stephen SMay 26, 2016, 10:12Outstanding. Even after exploring sencha of every steaming method and almost every cultivar, I keep coming back to this one, year after year. This kukicha blend is an especially good choice for those who prefer more fruity and floral aromas and less umami in their green tea. An excellent introduction to steamed green tea and a perennial joy for even the most seasoned tea enthusiast.
- Rosana StarrApr 30, 2016, 01:24Lovely Sencha tea...I have a sip and am transported to a grove of cherry blossom trees after a soft rain. Magical! As other reviewers have stated the taste is fresh without astringency or savory notes. A clean, woodsy mildly floral taste. You have to try it at least once!
- Lucas HollandApr 1, 2016, 21:53I'll start this off by saying that I don't normally like flavoured teas like this. However, seeing as the price point is very economical and the other reviews consistently good, I decided to give this one a try.
As others have stated this tea consists mainly of stems (I'd say 95%) with some tea leaves and sakura leaves. I found the suggested brewing parameters to be spot on. Some people might prefer a slightly higher leaf-to-water ratio but that's not the case for me.
The taste of tea is certainly unique. It does not taste like a standard sencha or kukicha. The cherry component is quite strong without being overpowering and refreshing. I find that it works really well with the grassiness of the green tea. This tea tastes infinitely better than the ones flavoured with artificial aroma that are so prevalent in supermarkets these days. In conclusion, I would even go so far as to recommend this to purists who are looking for something different to try!
- Betty Anne NoirFeb 10, 2016, 22:45This tea is very interesting. I find the taste and aroma quite strong, so I'd recommend only making a cup at a time or else it might get too much. I think it's well suited as a late night drink just before bedtime. The smell is heavenly.