Gyokuhō Uji Gyokuro
- $26.13 USD
39 – Reward points
- Gewicht110 g
- Loose Leaf
- Ease of BrewingSomewhat Difficult - May take some practice to get it perfect.
- Net Weight100 g / 3.52 oz
- Growing Region100% Uji
- HarvestFirst and/or Shincha
- ShadingFull Shade (Gyokuro / Matcha)
- First infusions per Pkg12
- Leaf (dry weight grams) to Water (1 fl oz / 30 ml) Ratio (recommended)1.2 g to 1 oz/30 ml
- Brew Temp (℃/℉ - recommended )60℃ (140℉)
- Brew Time (Seconds)150-180
- Nancy HallDez 21, 2016, 07:10One of my all time favorites. I love the slightly sweet taste. If brewed in too hot of water for too long it becomes bitter. Be sure to savor this tea and brew at 165 degrees and 3.5 minutes. I drink this tea every morning.
- Jerome HudakApr 5, 2016, 05:29This is hands down one of the best teas I have ever had. I'll take a cup of this over matcha any day of the week.
- Jens EvensenApr 2, 2013, 05:43One of my most beloved teas. Mild with a nice stimulating effect. My stomach loves it even more!
- Liane-Tsun HornMär 24, 2012, 09:00This is definitely true quality!!
1g/30ml, 55C, 105sec first steep. No bitterness whatsoever, very very mellow, clear, sweet. Long buttery creamy after taste.
I have not tried the Kamejirushi but definitely up there among the best gyokuros I have tasted.
- Olivier CocletMär 5, 2009, 09:00Easy to brew (as long as you follow the brewing instructions), this gyokuro is a high quality one.
I brew it at 2g/30ml water and got five good steeps of it.