- $12.06 USD
18 – Reward points
- Poids110 g
- Loose Leaf
- Ease of BrewingEasy Brewer!
- Net Weight100 g / 3.52 oz
- Growing RegionShizuoka Prefecture
- HarvestMuti-Harvest Blend
- BreedZairai, Benifuki
- ShadingFull Sun
- SteamingUnsteamed (Fermented)
- First infusions per Pkg22
- Leaf (dry weight grams) to Water (1 fl oz / 30 ml) Ratio (recommended)(see individual tea)
- Brew Temp (℃/℉ - recommended )(see individual tea)
- NotesBrew 2 teaspoons leaf per 8 ounces (240ml) of off the boil water for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Jeremyjuil. 23, 2023, 05:39Wonderful black tea, quickly become one of my favorites. I hope O-Cha keeps it in stock permanently. Will be buying much more in my next order!
- Lady Elkjuin 10, 2021, 00:46Wow! Kawane Wa-Kōcha is a superb black tea; One of the finest I've drunk, and I do drink many teas in general. The red color is beautiful as it's not cloudy.
I brewed it at 160°F / 71°C (with distilled water) for few seconds shy of four minutes. Two teaspoonfuls as I only needed an individual size of a cuppa. It would be best if you indeed were mindful of how long you intend to steep it and how hot your water is.
The aroma is delicate, and it would roll on your tongue silky smooth. The astringency is mild to medium; It imparts a honeyed warm grain flavor and not-fermented black tea taste. That makes it extremely enjoyable.
TLDR: Not bitter, sweet, smooth, nutty, black-tea floralness. Not for novice brewers. 100% would buy again.
- Jordanoct. 31, 2017, 03:00A solid black tea loose leaf that's easy to drink once you get to know it. Definitely need to watch how long you steep it!
- Dylanaoût 1, 2017, 08:38Amazing tea. Its flavour has more depth to it than other black teas. Recommended for black tea lovers
- Henry Sprattsept. 23, 2016, 20:52Excellent tea (brewed according to directions). If you like black tea you won't be disappointed. Next to no bitterness. Smells delightful and brews a good middle ground between delicate and strong.
- Tõnumai 1, 2016, 22:24For anyone who like and enjoys black teas, it is worth to try.
- jon dfévr. 9, 2016, 10:00A very good black tea. Silky mouth-feel with a grainy/honey taste that hits more towards the back of the mouth. Brewed in a 90ml gaiwan using 3.5g. Will try with suggested brewing to see how that is. Overall give it a try nice tea.