Green Tea Recipes
Here are a few good green tea recipes you may want to try!
Green Tea Tiramisu
- 3 oz sugar
- 4 pieces yolk
- 8.5 oz whip cream
- 4 oz water
- 3 oz syrup 0.5 oz matcha powdered green tea
- 0.5 oz Grand Marnier (Grand Marnier Cordon Rouge is an orange-flavored cognac liqueur)
- Knead the marscapone cheese until it becomes creamy.
- Beat sugar and yolk until it becomes fluffy.
- At first, add 2 tablespoons of (2) into (1) then later, the rest of (2) also add into (1).
- Whip cream until foamy consistency.
- Combine (3) and (4).
- Pour (5) into the mold and put on the green tea cakes which are already cut into 1/4 inch and cover with syrup.
- After that pour the rest of the syrup into it and repeat the same.
- Finally, strain green tea powder with powder sugar for garnish.
Green Tea Pudding
Yield: (Serves 4oz cup x 8)
- 4 pieces of eggs
- 5 oz sugar
- 21oz milk
- 0.25 oz matcha green tea powder
- 2.5 oz hot water
- Mix the eggs and sugar well together until smooth consistency.
- In a bowl, mix the green tea powder and hot water, after that combine hot milk (100 degree Fahrenheit) Combine (A)and (B) and mix well, then strain it.
- Cups which are already added caramel sauce in the bottom, then put (C) and bake for 1 hour 20 minutes with the heat at 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- After 1 hour or so, try to check the cups to see if they are stable.
- (KEY) Cups must be in hot water layered pan so the pudding does not dry out.
- 3.5 oz sugar
- 3 teaspoons Hot Water
- Put the sugar in the small pan and melt them with medium heat.
- After sugar turns to be golden brown, add boiling water and heat carefully without stirring sugar.
- After the sugar is completely melted and becomes soft, take it off the burner.
- Pour the caramel sauce into the cups while it is hot.
- Add about 1/4-1/3 teaspoon good quality matcha to coffee mug...
- Add 1 or 2 packets of your favorite sweetener...
- Add heated or steamed milk to the rim, stir....
- Sprinkle with light coating of matcha
- * (Alternative - heat in microwave for approx. 2 minutes, watching VERY carefully for the first sign of foaming, then remove)
Green Tea Ice Cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 2-4 tbsp sugar
- 200ml heavy cream
- 1-2 tbsp matcha
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 50ml water
- Lightly whisk egg yolks in a pan.
- Add water and sugar in the pan and mix well.
- Put the pan on low heat and heat the mixture, stirring constantly.
- When the mixture is thicken, remove from the heat.
- Mix hot water and matcha green tea powder together.
- Add the green tea in the egg mixture and mix well, cooling in ice water.
- Add (80% completely) whipped heavy cream in the mixture and mix well.
- Freeze the mixture. ( Every 1-2 hours, whisk the mixture. - a few times)
Green Tea Dip and Spread
- 3 green tea bags
- 1 cup reduced-fat cream cheese or ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely minced fresh chives or basil leaves
- Place tea bags in a heatproof glass or ceramic container that holds more than 1 cup.
- Bring 1 cup of water to a not-quite boil and remove from heat immediately. (Water that has come to a boil should be cooled for about 1 minute before using.)
- Pour water over tea bags and allow the tea to steep for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags, squeeze out liquid and discard. Allow tea to cool to room temperature.
- If not using immediately, refrigerate (covered) until ready to use. (Depending on the temperature of the room, tea left standing eventually will develop mold.) Allow refrigerated tea to come to room temperature before using.
- Place cheese and minced herb in a blender and mix on medium-high speed to blend thoroughly. Continue blending until mixture is smooth. Gradually add small amounts of the tea concentrate until the mixture is spreadable, as desired.
- Transfer the tea-cream cheese mixture to a covered container and refrigerate for at least an hour to allow flavors to meld.
- Bring mixture back to room temperature before using, either as a spread for toasted bagels or bread at breakfast; as a spread for crackers, sandwiches or wraps; or as a dip for vegetable crudites and toasted tortilla chips.
Nutrition information per tablespoon: 31 cal., 2 g total fat (1 g saturated), 1 g carbo., 1 g pro., 0 g dietary fiber, 39 mg sodium.
(Recipe from the American Institute for Cancer Research) More Information on Matcha