Uji Matcha Chiyo Mukashi
One of our best matcha green teas. Matcha "Chiyo Mukashi" is above average in every way, this matcha is borderline between thick and thin matcha (koicha), and can be served either way. Whether you use this for the tea ceremony or as a source for antioxidants, know that this matcha, as with all of our products, is extremely fresh (we only order as we sell them) and is a quality throughout. Grown in Uji, as with all of our matcha green teas we keep this product under refrigeration until shipment.
Net weight 30gm.
- $24.79 USD
- Shipping Weight80 g
- Grown inUji
- ColorIntense Green
- ContainerRe-sealable Round Metal Container
- Net Wgt30 grams
- Servings Per Container20 x 1.5 gm servings
- Whisk Type65-72+ prong usucha whisk
- Michael ThanhMar 24, 2019, 16:51Delicious! Very mellow on the taste, yet with strong umami. Is excellent made in a latte and is delicious as both usucha and koicha.
- TonyaNov 28, 2017, 16:12I have been trying higher quality matcha vendors so this was my first purchase from O-Cha. I think this is a fine matcha for the price, but I personally found the flavor to be a little mild for my tastes, and the aroma while whisking it reminded me of lactose somehow. This is not to say that I didn't enjoy it; it just wasn't my favorite. The quality was excellent so I am looking forward to trying O-Cha's other matchas.
- Rocky PatanoMar 14, 2017, 10:48Great matcha with good umami flavor!
- DiveMar 4, 2017, 03:43Expensive, but definitely worth it, it tastes way better than cheap matcha, that I've used to drink, this is not bitter in any way.
- john kirbyFeb 3, 2017, 23:35I mix mine with apple sauce every morning - tastes good and keeps me going all day .
- John LebelMar 21, 2016, 22:25An excellent matcha at a very good price! The product arrived in perfect condition in a very reasonable amount of time. I will certainly be reordering from O-cha.
- Casey ChanMar 20, 2016, 07:15A high-quality matcha that froths up quite nicely even for me a confirmed beginner and goes down smooth. A bit pricey but you get a consistently good cup of matcha.
- Shaun SiaJan 22, 2016, 13:22Very good quality product first time bought very satisfied with the price. Will definitely re-purchase again and highly recommended to anyone who wants a superior quality Matcha for a reasonable price.
- Oct 31, 2021, 04:24
Is Chiyo Mukashi a single cultivar?Nov 3, 2021, 12:55
It's not a single cultivar, they use several and blend it.
- Mar 14, 2019, 01:11
Why do only the Chiyo Mukashi and the Toyo Mukashi have the "High Theanine" banner when I run a search for matcha teas? How much higher is the theanine content than all of your other matcha offerings?Mar 14, 2019, 14:40
All the matcha have high, comparable theanine counts. Those are not higher than others per se. It's just a marketing feature.